Sibot commune – tourist attraction
Home » The tourist Aria » Sibot commune - tourist attraction
Romos – The ski slope
Sibot – historical sites
TopSibot commune – tourist attraction
The first mention of the commune dates from 1281. Some of its compounding villages, however, are much older: at Băcăinți, traces of Stone Age habitation were discovered (the first document: 1278), and, at Sărăcsău, a real Dacian thesaurus (Ist century) was found, containing, among others, 9 fibulae, 3 columns, four bracelets and six multispiralic Dacian rings, all silver.
Satul Șibot a fost așezare grănicerească pe vremea împărătesei Maria Tereza, iar Băcăinți și Sărăcsău au fost sate de iobagi.
The Sibot village was a guard frontier settlement during Empress Maria Theresa’s time, and Băcăinți and Sărăcsău were serf villages.
The village is located in the southeastern part of the Alba County, and is crossed by the Mures River. At north it’s bordered on by the Ceru-Băcăinți commune, at south by the Vineri Village (Cugir), at east by the Săliștea and Blandiana communes, and west – by the Aurel Vlaicu village, component of Geoagiu town.
Distances to important cities: 27 km to Alba Iulia, 13 km to Cugir, 12 Km to Orăștie. What this actually suggests is a great tourism potential in the immediate vicinity. However, the village has its own tourist attractions.
- In Obrej (toponym which means „small bumps on the field or even on the plain lowland hill” – B. Vulc): archaeological site, on one side and the other of the DN7, discovered at the archaeological discharge for the A1 Arad – Sibiu highway’s construction (details)
- Vila rustica (The Rustic Villa): in the Băcăinți villages boarder, traces of a Roman rural settlements, probably in relation to that in the Obrej. (details)
- Câmpul Pâinii (the Bread’s Field) and Pavel Chinezul’s memorial (details)
- The Chapel – triptych: in the Șibot’s center (details)
- The Assumption Church in Sibot (Adormirea Maicii Domnului Church) (details)
- Monument (bust) of Iosif Sârbu: first Olympic champion in shooting sports in Romania’s history. (details)
- The ethnographic museal collection. (details)
- The Orthodox Church of Wall „St. Archdeacon Stephen”. (details)
- The assembly and ruins of the Church of Stone: the former evangelical church in the Băcăinți village, built in the thirteenth century. (details)
- The floating Bridge over the Mureș (brodina) (details)
- Cave „Casa Zmeului” (The Dragon’s House) (Currently do not can visit)
- The „Assumption” Orthodox Church of Wall in Balomiru de Câmp (details)
- The „St. Peter and Paul” Orthodox Church of Wall” in Balomiru de Câmp (details)
- Tombs of anticommunism fighters (details)