Romos – The Evangelical Parsonage and The Orthodox Church
Romos – The place called “La Zleamăn”, on the Monk’s Hill
Romos – The Orthodox Church
- The Evangelical Parsonage: historical monument; building erected in the XVIIth century, with an existence and activity closely linked to the Evangelical Church that is located on the other side of the road. The construction and activity of both institutions is linked to Saxon community’s life in the commune. The Parsonage used to have fortified walls and was used as a refuge during the Turkish raids. The alarm used to be ringed with the Parsonage’s tower house bell, and the parishioners were sheltered in cellar, where the food reserves were also kept. This is where Dr. Albert Amlacher (1847 – 1939), known poet, historian, teacher and scholar in Transylvania lived for a while. He wrote Romos’s first monograph in 1912.
- The Orthodox Church: built in 1784, is representative for the Transylvanian ecclesiastical architecture at the end of the XVIIIth century.
- The Saxons Hall:a former hall for social and cultural events of the Saxons ethnic. Today it houses a local catering.