The Orthodox Church: built in 1784, is representative for the Transylvanian ecclesiastical architecture at the end of the XVIIIth century.
The Vaidei Abbey’s ruins:Vaidei village, 7 km from Romos. The monastery was founded in 1759, thanks to monk Ion Dumitru Barbu’s insistence. The commune provided the land, but held one condition: the monastery had to have, in addition, a chapel and a school for the peasants’ children. The monastery was destroyed by General Bukow’s armies, following the royal order of January 3rd, 1782. (Source: Christian Culture magazine, Blaj, no. 7-8 April 1919).
The acclaimed professor Dr. Aurel Radutiu, son of Romos, investigates the past history of native village. He began a series of scientific papers about Romos, publishing in 2014 first paper antitled "Romos ( Hunedoara county) - The Protocol of the Communal Representatives' Meetings from 1896 to 1912".
Lunca Muresului la Bacainti / Mures Floodplain in Bacainti
Acest site nu reprezintă poziţia oficială a Comisiei Europene. Întreaga responsabilitate referitoare la corectitudinea şi coerenţa acestor informaţii aparţine persoanelor care au iniţiat pagina web.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.